Wednesday, August 17, 2011

I'd rather be a hamster than a lard-ass

Today, I set my alarm for 7:00 am. Yes, am. It shocked me too, don't worry. Even more surprisingly, I was out the door at 7:15, trainers on my feet, sweatshirt on my torso to a) keep me warm in the 55 degree morning air and b) remind me that since said sweatshirt used to be a bit bigger not 6 months ago, I really need to kick my own ass. So I ran, iPod in hand (sans headphones - it works better that way for running, I think), around the 1/4 mile (maybe 1/2?) circle that is my condo community. Me, and like 10 other people. 10 other (skinny) people. 10 people wearing much fancier workout clothes who weren't gasping for breath after each 60 second running interval because they were just running, not running then walking then running again.

I'm pretty sure this is normal. Around the country, physically fit people get up at the ass-crack of dawn to run around their neighborhoods like hamsters in a Habitrail. I think we should all aspire to be one of these hamsters. After all, the comparison between us (or maybe just me) and the hamsters isn't kind if what you're comparing is BMI. Better to be a hamster than a lard-ass, right?

In other news, before I stepped out this morning, my darling white scale read 202. How delightful! Of course, now it's back up to something a little more realistic after just one day, but it was nice to see that number even if it only lasted half an hour.

And now, before I go to rouse man-creature for his ride to work (courtesy of moi), I will add two things, the first being today's coveted item:


This is ModCloth's "Who Wants to Be a Frillionaire" dress. It's absolutely gorgeous and totally unwearable in my current shape. However, I think maybe I could look good in it just in time for Christmas. Maybe.

Secondly, I would like to share the most recent addition to my workout playlist. Instead of directing the rage of this song toward man-creature, who is undeserving of such vitriol, I dedicate it to my ugly lady lumps.


No comments:

Post a Comment